To prepare students who wish to continue the study of law or who wish to work in a law-related profession upon graduation, students can elect English with a concentration in Legal Studies. Supplementing the College’s two-course business law sequence, the concentration provides students with courses that provide a solid foundation in constitutional law, criminal law, international law, and the emerging area of law and new media.
Upon successful completion of the Bachelor of Arts in English degree, students will:
- demonstrate a broad understanding of the study of literature, including
- knowledge of literary genre attributes and conventions.
- knowledge of trends and differences in a variety of literary traditions.
- knowledge of core theoretical literary approaches and an ability to apply them.
- demonstrate competence in writing and communication, including
- competence in writing and communication skills for particular purposes, audiences, and media.
- competence in visual communication using a specific visual communication technology.
- demonstrate an ability to conduct research relevant to the field of English and communication.
- obtain employment in a communication-related field or enter a graduate program of study.
In August 2016, Goldey-Beacom College and Delaware Law School signed an articulation agreement offering students a pathway to law school. This partnership outlines two options for Goldey-Beacom College students which are the 3 + 3 Early Admissions Program and the Express or Guaranteed Admission Program (EGAP). These options are of particular interest to students who desire a law degree. Admissions staff and Advisors can assist students with degree program selection who wish to pursue this opportunity.