Interested in the study of social science, business and market structures, and public policy? If so, the Bachelor of Science in Economics focuses on all three concepts and may be the perfect college degree for you. Students in this degree program will acquire a wide range of course work in economic theory including micro and macro, consumer behavior, production theory, fiscal and monetary policy, business cycles, labor economics and market structures. Supplementing economic theory is course work in accounting, mathematics and statistics, and management. A degree in Economics will prepare students for a wide range of careers in government, public or private corporations, or research positions.
Upon successful completion of the Bachelor of Science in Economics degree, students will:
- demonstrate a solid understanding and use of economics terminology and tools.
- demonstrate competence to analyze and solve undergraduate level economic problems using the appropriate tools and methods.
- master the ability to analyze economic issues on macro and micro levels.
- demonstrate the ability to evaluate benefits of trade and role of economic policy in modern economies.
- master the ability to conduct research in different areas of economics.
- secure a career in their field or pursue graduate study.