Strong writers, confident speakers, avid bloggers, social media influencers, and inquisitive researchers should consider the Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Media as their choice for a college degree. With course work in communication media and design, journalism and newswriting, intercultural communication, and strategic communication planning, this degree prepares students to pursue occupations as social media managers, public relations specialists, reporters, spokespersons, editors, and researchers.
Upon successful completion of the Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Media degree, students will:
- demonstrate an ability to interpret and critique a variety of media texts using a variety of theoretical approaches and methodologies.
- demonstrate competence in writing for a variety of audiences and purposes within genres commonly used in contemporary media environments.
- demonstrate media production skills necessary for communicating in contemporary media environments.
- demonstrate an ability to conduct and apply communication research to achieve specific strategic communication goals.
- demonstrate an ability to create a strategic communications plan in collaboration with others.
- demonstrate an understanding of legal and ethical issues relevant to communication in a variety of environments and cultural contexts.