Does managing risk, allocating scarce resources and creating and preserving wealth excite you? If so, a degree in Finance may be your choice for a college degree. A Finance degree will provide the knowledge needed for a career on Wall Street or Main Street, a Fortune 500 company, or government entities. With coursework in accounting, economics, mathematics and statistics, financial management, business law, equity and fixed income securities, risk analysis and portfolio management, this degree prepares students to pursue careers in banking or wealth management, government, and all areas of business.
Graduates with a Finance degree may take advantage of the College’s Five Year Bachelor/Master Program, and complete their Master of Science in Finance with just one additional year of full time study.
Upon successful completion of the Bachelor of Science in Finance degree, students will:
- demonstrate a solid understanding of the major concepts, terms, and theories of modern finance.
- exhibit the skills necessary to analyze and valuate financial equity, fixed income securities, and portfolios.
- demonstrate the ability to analyze and assess risk and risk-mitigation tools.
- master the ability to conduct research in different areas of finance.
- demonstrate solid preparation to pursue graduate studies.
- secure positions in the field and succeed in finance careers or pursue graduate studies.